Chestnut butter makes an excellent spread for toast, crepes, and sandwiches! Plus, chestnuts contain B vitamins, which help improve brain function.
- 1 lb Chestnuts shelled, roasted
- 1 cup Walnuts roasted
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ⅓ cup Water
- Sunflower Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use a sharp knife to cut across the chestnuts and place them on a baking pan. Roast for 30-35 minutes.
- While chestnuts are still hot, use a knife to remove shells. If the shells do not come off well, pop them back in the oven for a few minutes.
- Place the walnuts on a baking sheet and roast them for 5-7 minutes while removing shells from the chestnuts.
- Add salt, oil, and 1 Tablespoon of water at a time. Pulse until desired creamy consistency.
- May be kept in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.