Kale and White Bean Soup
This soup is perfect for those chilly autumn days! Kale is high in brain-supporting antioxidants including beta-carotene, flavonoids, and polyphenols.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 5 cups chicken broth
- ½ lb sweet potatoes cubed
- ½ lb butternut squash cubed
- 1 bunch fresh kale chopped
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp garden spice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup soy meat crumble
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano chopped
- Steam the sweet potatoes and butternut squash until tender.
- In a large stock pot, heat the olive oil, then add the onions and garlic to saute.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chopped kale and simmer for 20 minutes until the kale is tender.
- Add the potatoes, squash, beans, bay leaf, garden spice, cayenne pepper, and soy meat crumbles.
- Bring back to a simmer.
- Finish with the miso paste, parsley and oregano.