Salmon provides more than 50% of the recommended amount of omega-3 fatty acids, which are associated with decreased risk of depression and cognitive decline.
- 12 oz Salmon (2) 6 oz fillets
- 2 oz Pomegranate Seeds
- ⅛ cup Orange Juice
- ½ tbsp Ginger
- 1 tbsp Pomegranate Molasses plus more for brushing
- ¼ tbsp Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the orange juice, ginger, and 1 Tbsp. of pomegranate molasses in a large ziplock bag.
- Place salmon filets in the bag and turn to coat.
- Leave fillets in the marinade for 15 minutes at room temperature. Do not marinate fish for more than 15 minutes as the acid from the juice will begin to break down fillets.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Lightly grease parchment with coconut oil.
- Remove fillets from marinade and place on prepped baking sheet skin side down.
- Discard remaining marinade. Brush on 1-2 teaspoons of pomegranate molasses on top of each fillet (not so much as it has a tendency to smoke when it drips).
- Bake 12-15 minutes until salmon is opaque throughout and segments flake apart easily.