Vegan Silk Chocolate Pie
Only seven ingredients for this decadent dairy-free & soy-free pie!
- 1 9" prepared pie crust
- 9 oz dark chocolate chips
- 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup more if you like it sweeter
- ½ cup mashed avocado about 1 medium avocado
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- coconut whipped cream for serving
- Prepare pie crust (make sure it is cool before adding filling).
- In a saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and coconut milk together over medium low heat. Whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool just a bit.
- Using a food processor or blender, add the avocado flesh along with the partially cooled chocolate mixture, vanilla and maple syrup. Blend on high until smooth making sure there aren’t any chunks left. Add more syrup or vanilla according to taste.
- Pour mixture into crust and refrigerate at least 5 hours.
- After filling is firm, spread whipped cream and top with chocolate shavings.
- Allow to set at room temp for 15 minutes to soften so it is silky.
Banana Ice Cream with Walnuts
This heart-healthy and brain-healthy banana ice cream will keep you cool on those hot summer days! Bananas deliver potassium to help lower blood pressure and magnesium, which is also…Read More →
Very Berry Chia Pudding
This recipe contains a powerhouse of antioxidants & protein and is the perfect way to start your day! Pudding for breakfast? Count us in!Read More →
Kale and Chive Egg Muffins
Kale is high in B vitamins which are known to reduce brain atrophy, especially in the areas most affected by Alzheimer's disease.Read More →
Green Fruit Salad
A green, simple, and refreshing fruit salad that can be enjoyed as a healthy breakfast, side dish, light dessert, or snack.Read More →
These Avocado Brownies are a healthy and delicious vegan treat! Avocados are loaded with heart-healthy fats, fiber, and antioxidants.Read More →
Orange Baked Ham
Packed with protein and vitamin C, this decadent ham with an orange glaze is sure to wow your guests this holiday season!Read More →
Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
Cauliflower is much higher in fiber and a fraction of the carbohydrates, compared to potatoes, making this dish the perfect fit for healthy blood sugar and healthy weight. The tumeric…Read More →
Applesauce with Ginger and Cinnamon
Cinnamon's antioxidant properties combine with the anti-inflammatory properties of ginger, making this dish a great way to boost your brain health.Read More →
Sweet Potato Blueberry Waffles
These delicious waffles freeze well and make a great quick breakfast if you put them in the toaster.Read More →
This refreshing salsa is great as a dip for vegetables, as a topping for meat or fish tacos, or over a salad.Read More →