Vegan Silk Chocolate Pie
Only seven ingredients for this decadent dairy-free & soy-free pie!
- 1 9" prepared pie crust
- 9 oz dark chocolate chips
- 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup more if you like it sweeter
- ½ cup mashed avocado about 1 medium avocado
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- coconut whipped cream for serving
- Prepare pie crust (make sure it is cool before adding filling).
- In a saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and coconut milk together over medium low heat. Whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool just a bit.
- Using a food processor or blender, add the avocado flesh along with the partially cooled chocolate mixture, vanilla and maple syrup. Blend on high until smooth making sure there aren’t any chunks left. Add more syrup or vanilla according to taste.
- Pour mixture into crust and refrigerate at least 5 hours.
- After filling is firm, spread whipped cream and top with chocolate shavings.
- Allow to set at room temp for 15 minutes to soften so it is silky.