Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
Packed full of flavor and nutrition, these lemon poppyseed muffins will quickly become your favorite treats for breakfast or mid-morning snack.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ oz poppyseeds
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt.
- Stir in poppyseeds.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine applesauce, lemon juice, lemon zest, eggs, honey and vanilla extract.
- Line a muffin tray with paper liners or grease well and divide batter evenly among wells.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool in tray for 10 minutes.
- Store at room temperature.
- Will keep for several days in an airtight container.