Delicious plant-based chili loaded with beans, soy crumbles, and a surprise ingredient! Percect for brain health!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onions diced
- 2 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup green peppers diced
- ½ cup celery diced
- 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can of black beans
- 15 oz can of kidney beans
- 15 oz can of garbanzo beans
- ½ cup fresh pineapple
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup walnuts chopped
- 1 cup soy crumble meat substitute
- In a large stock pot, heat the olive oil, add the onions and garlic, and saute until light brown.
- Add the green peppers and celery and keep cooking.
- Add all of the seasonings and the walnuts. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes with liquid and bring to a simmer.
- Add the beans and pineapple and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Add the soy crumbles and bring back to a simmer. Enjoy!