Healthy Strawberry Jam
Strawberries and chia seeds combine to support brain health through antioxidants, DHA buildingOmega-3 fatty acids and moderating glucose for consistent brain energy.
- 1 lb strawberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- Place frozen berries and honey in a pot over medium heat.
- Mash berries as the begin thawing. Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 8 minutes, until strawberries are broken down and beginning tothicken.
- Place cooked strawberries in a blender and blend until desired texture. Place back in pot over medium-lowheat.
- Taste mixture to check for desired sweetness - add more sweetener if desired.
- Add chia seeds to the pot and bring to a simmer, stir constantly for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into a glass jar. Let cool for 30 minutes. Place in refrigerator until fully chilledand seal jar with an airtight lid.
- Stays fresh if kept chilled and sealed for up to 10 days.