Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
Cauliflower is much higher in fiber and a fraction of the carbohydrates, compared to potatoes, making this dish the perfect fit for healthy blood sugar and healthy weight. The tumeric gives this dish a unique taste and anti-inflammatory properties.
- 2 lb cauliflower trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add cauliflower florets and cook 8 to 10 minutes until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, warm the milk, butter, and turmeric in the microwave or in a small saucepan. Do NOT boil. Warm only until the butter melts.
- When cauliflower is ready, drain and dump florets back into empty pot.
- Add turmeric, milk, and butter mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a potato masher or a hand mixer, mash the cauliflower.
- Finish with a sprinkling of nutmeg.