Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
Cauliflower is much higher in fiber and a fraction of the carbohydrates, compared to potatoes, making this dish the perfect fit for healthy blood sugar and healthy weight. The tumeric gives this dish a unique taste and anti-inflammatory properties.
- 2 lb cauliflower trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add cauliflower florets and cook 8 to 10 minutes until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, warm the milk, butter, and turmeric in the microwave or in a small saucepan. Do NOT boil. Warm only until the butter melts.
- When cauliflower is ready, drain and dump florets back into empty pot.
- Add turmeric, milk, and butter mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a potato masher or a hand mixer, mash the cauliflower.
- Finish with a sprinkling of nutmeg.
Green Fruit Salad
A green, simple, and refreshing fruit salad that can be enjoyed as a healthy breakfast, side dish, light dessert, or snack.Read More →
These Avocado Brownies are a healthy and delicious vegan treat! Avocados are loaded with heart-healthy fats, fiber, and antioxidants.Read More →
Orange Baked Ham
Packed with protein and vitamin C, this decadent ham with an orange glaze is sure to wow your guests this holiday season!Read More →
Applesauce with Ginger and Cinnamon
Cinnamon's antioxidant properties combine with the anti-inflammatory properties of ginger, making this dish a great way to boost your brain health.Read More →
Sweet Potato Blueberry Waffles
These delicious waffles freeze well and make a great quick breakfast if you put them in the toaster.Read More →
This refreshing salsa is great as a dip for vegetables, as a topping for meat or fish tacos, or over a salad.Read More →
Watermelon Cucumber Mint Water
Drinking 8 or more glasses of water a day can help prevent urinary tract infections, reduce headaches, reduce muscle aches and more.Read More →
Healthy Strawberry Jam
Strawberries and chia seeds combine to support brain health through antioxidants, DHA buildingOmega-3 fatty acids and moderating glucose for consistent brain energy.Read More →
Mediterranean Lentil Salad
This recipe would make a wonderful brain-healthy lunch or side dish! Lentils are a low-glycemic food that is high in protein and fiber, providing a steady stream of glucose to…Read More →
Healthy Egg Salad
A healthy version of a traditional favorite! Eggs are a great source of protein, omega 3 fatty acids and choline, a nutrient that helps with nerve function andacts as…Read More →