Applesauce with Ginger and Cinnamon
Cinnamon's antioxidant properties combine with the anti-inflammatory properties of ginger, making this dish a great way to boost your brain health.
- 6 Gala Apples peeled, cored,; reserving 1 cup of peelings
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 1 pint apple juice unsweetened
- 1 tbsp Champagne vinegar
- Enclose the reserved apple skins and cinnamon stick in a double thickness of cheesecloth and secure with twine.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook ginger and apples, stirring occasionally, until ginger is fragrant and apples begin to soften (about 3 minutes). Add the apple juice, vinegar and apple-skin sachet,increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer
- Turn down to a medium heat and maintain at a gentle simmer. Cook until apples are completely tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove and discard the sachet. Cool and puree in a blender until mixture is smooth.
Green Fruit Salad
A green, simple, and refreshing fruit salad that can be enjoyed as a healthy breakfast, side dish, light dessert, or snack.Read More →
These Avocado Brownies are a healthy and delicious vegan treat! Avocados are loaded with heart-healthy fats, fiber, and antioxidants.Read More →
Orange Baked Ham
Packed with protein and vitamin C, this decadent ham with an orange glaze is sure to wow your guests this holiday season!Read More →
Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
Cauliflower is much higher in fiber and a fraction of the carbohydrates, compared to potatoes, making this dish the perfect fit for healthy blood sugar and healthy weight. The tumeric…Read More →
Sweet Potato Blueberry Waffles
These delicious waffles freeze well and make a great quick breakfast if you put them in the toaster.Read More →
This refreshing salsa is great as a dip for vegetables, as a topping for meat or fish tacos, or over a salad.Read More →
Watermelon Cucumber Mint Water
Drinking 8 or more glasses of water a day can help prevent urinary tract infections, reduce headaches, reduce muscle aches and more.Read More →
Healthy Strawberry Jam
Strawberries and chia seeds combine to support brain health through antioxidants, DHA buildingOmega-3 fatty acids and moderating glucose for consistent brain energy.Read More →
Mediterranean Lentil Salad
This recipe would make a wonderful brain-healthy lunch or side dish! Lentils are a low-glycemic food that is high in protein and fiber, providing a steady stream of glucose to…Read More →
Healthy Egg Salad
A healthy version of a traditional favorite! Eggs are a great source of protein, omega 3 fatty acids and choline, a nutrient that helps with nerve function andacts as…Read More →