Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are most known for their bright orange pigment, provided by Vitamin A (beta-carotene).
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Bring pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add sliced potatoes and cook until fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain cooking water and mash in remainder of ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.