Covid-19: We Strive to be Prepared
As the global outbreak of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) continues to unfold, Kemper House is being responsive to the evolving health situation. Be assured that the health and safety of our residents and team members remain our number one priority.
These are unprecedented times, and Kemper House believes it is important to be as transparent as possible with what we are doing to try to provide some additional peace of mind to our residents, families, staff, and partners we are honored to serve.
Kemper House is following the guidelines and recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as well as the Ohio Department of Health and Governor’s orders with regard to visitation restrictions, additional cleaning measures, and procedures in the event any residents and staff were to be affected.
Here is what we are currently doing:
• Kemper House is going above and beyond our existing infection control programming. Additional cleaning is being done on a regular basis and we have heightened our focus on disinfecting and cleaning common areas and high-touch surfaces such as doorknobs, counters, faucets, and handrails
• We are conducting only virtual tours for potential residents and their families.
• Social events and excursions have been postponed for the safety of our residents and staff.
• Both staff and permitted visitors (ie. Delivery personnel, service contractors) are being screened daily for symptoms, temperatures, and other risk factors. Residents are monitored regularly as well for any symptoms.
• We are conducting additional screening for new residents to ensure they have not been exposed to COVID-19 or other viruses.
• We understand that connecting with your loved ones is incredibly important. You can call Kemper House at any time to speak to your loved one over the phone or to schedule a time to video chat via FaceTime, Skype, Zoom, and other virtual options. Please also consider sending in a handwritten note or card. Our residents lived in a time when this was the only way to communicate, so this is a familiar and often treasured option to them.
• Kemper House is committed to taking care of our staff as well. We are providing warm meals, fruits, vegetables, and other healthy snacks daily on every shift for all staff members in an effort to keep them healthy and well nourished. We have also provided each staff member with additional food to take home to their families as well as essential supplies like toiletries and hand sanitizer. Kemper House staff is vital to the mission of Kemper House and we want them to feel supported.
Our resident’s health & safety is always our top priority and we thank you in advance for helping to support us in our company-wide efforts to keep our community COVID-19 free.
For more information on COVID-19, please visit the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html..